Recipe by saptekars
This orange scented spread is a festive, flavorful alternative to butter, with zero saturated fat. Its fantastic on Quinoa-Corn Muffins
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1⁄2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 6 ounces firm silken tofu, drained
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil or steam carrot until very tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add pumpkin seeds and toast, stirring or shaking pan frequently, until seeds turn from green to brown and begin to pop. Pour seeds into a food processor. Let cool briefly until merely warm. Process seeds into a fine powder.
- Add carrot, tofu, honey, salt, orange zest, and cinnamon to food processor. Process until smooth, about 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl a few times.