Prep 20 mins
Cook 26 mins
I love this vegetarian main dish.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced peeled jicama
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds, toasted (can be found in health stores)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small jalapeno
- Combine water and quinoa in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and fluff with a fork; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add jicama and next 5 ingredients; sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add quinoa, tomato and next 5 ingredients; sauté 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- Garnish with small jalapeño.
Thanks for the recipe! I'm a big fan of quinoa, jicama, and pumpkin seeds, so you couldn't really go wrong. :) I've never had cooked jicama before, only raw in salads or plain. Sweet vegetables like jicama and the corn combine really well with the quinoa. The toasted pumpkin seeds were also a nice touch! I'll definitely make this again.