Prep 6 mins
Cook 0 mins
Parmesan, garlic, basil, parsley and lemon round out this pesto sauce.
- 1⁄2 cup hulled roasted, salted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh-grated parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup basil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine pumpkin seeds, Parmesan and garlic, and process until seeds are finely ground. Add remaining ingredients and blend just enough to combine.
I just made this and it is excellent. I didn't have any parsley so I just adding in cheese and pumpkin seeds until it looked (and tasted) right. I also skipped the lemon zest because I squuezed out 1 fresh lemon which was plenty. I also added about a tsp of sugar. Divine!