Recipe by Outta Here
A crunchy, chunky salsa. Uses unsalted green pumpkin seeds. Serve with tortilla chips.
Top Review by threeovens
This salsa is out of this world. I love the nuttiness from the pepitas. I used some yellow pear shaped grape tomatoes from my garden. I thought they made the salsa look pretty. Made and enjoyed for Football Tag 2013.
- 1 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds, green
- 1 New Mexico green chilies (Anaheim)
- 1 cup corn kernel, cooked (can use canned or frozen)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 red serrano chilie, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin (or more, to taste)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- On baking sheet, spread pumpkin seeds in single layer and place under broiler for a minute or two, stirring once. Watch carefully so they don't burn. Remove from oven.
- Place New Mexico chili under broiler and cook, turning it over, until skin is charred. Cool and remove skin. Remove stem, cut in half and remove seeds, and chop chili.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix.
- Can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Serve cold or room temperature.