Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The use of pumpkin seed oil gives this salad dressing a unique nutty flavour. A mild honey (e.g. glover honey) in addition with the aceto balsamico will give the dressing a fruity sweetness. Dijon mustard will top it off with slight pepperiness. This dressing works fine with any kind of lettuce.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon aceto balsamico, preferrably blanco
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin seed oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Put all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Whisk together with a fork or small whisker until emulgated.
- Dressing is enough for about 16-20 cups lettuce. Use some toasted pumpkin seeds for topping.
- NOTE: Instead of pumpkin seed oil you can try other specialty oils like toasted sesame seed oil or walnut oil. But you should start then with less than 1 teaspoon to evaluate the flavour.
This is a keeper! It's quick, it's easy, and it's way better than anything on the store shelves!! This is in regular rotation on my menu plans
I used this dressing on cabbage slaw with red onion, baby bell peppers and jalapeños. The dressing is robust enough to maintain its character even when combined with these flavorful vegetables. My local Trader Joe's recently began carrying pumpkin seed oil; I am so glad I found this recipe to put it to good use.
This was great. I used pumpkin seed oil and a mild flavoured olive oil. This will be a regular salad dressing in our house.