Recipe by Thorsten
The use of pumpkin seed oil gives this salad dressing a unique nutty flavour. A mild honey (e.g. glover honey) in addition with the aceto balsamico will give the dressing a fruity sweetness. Dijon mustard will top it off with slight pepperiness. This dressing works fine with any kind of lettuce.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon aceto balsamico, preferrably blanco
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin seed oil
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Whisk together with a fork or small whisker until emulgated.
- Dressing is enough for about 16-20 cups lettuce. Use some toasted pumpkin seeds for topping.
- NOTE: Instead of pumpkin seed oil you can try other specialty oils like toasted sesame seed oil or walnut oil. But you should start then with less than 1 teaspoon to evaluate the flavour.