Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Great fall recipe. It's unique and delish. I put 2 servings but you can make as much as you like--2 fish per person.
- 4 -6 ripe tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups zinfandel, reduced to 1/4 cup
- 2 trout fillets, per person boneless and skinless
- 1 egg, beaten with
- milk (a little)
- chopped pepitas (roasted pumpkin seeds chopped in a food processor)
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss all sauce ingredients (except Zinfandel) into bowl and mix with tomatoes. Spread on sheet pan and bake in hot oven (450°F) 10-15 minutes until the tomatoes start to burn around the edges. Remove and carefully puree in blender. Mix in Zinfandel. Set aside.
- Dip trout in flour and brush with egg wash. Place into pepitas, coating thoroughly each time.
- Preheat a saute pan with a little olive oil. Place each trout filet into saute pan. Cook 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Turn over and finish cooking another minute or two. Place hot sauce on plate and lay trout filets on plate. Garnish.