Recipe by Buster's friend
The Washington Post, March 28, 2013 Adapted from "San Francisco Flavors: Favorite Recipes From the Junior League of San Francisco" (Chronicle, 1999). Dip meat into beaten egg white & then roll in crust mix. Sprinkle on vegies,soups, salads. Freezes well.
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds, raw, unsalted, hulled
- 1⁄4 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the pumpkin seeds in a food processor; pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a small, dry skillet; toast over low heat for several minutes, until fragrant, shaking the pan often to promote even doneness. Transfer to a mixing bowl to cool.
- Stir in the bread crumbs, the oil, crushed red pepper flakes and the curry powder. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Use right away, or freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.