- 1 cup sugar
- 2 ounces butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 cup roasted and salted pumpkin seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a flat baking sheet with a non-stick baking mat or silpat.
- Place the sugar in a small, non-reactive metal pan. Cook over medium heat until caramelized in a deep amber color.
- Immediately add the butter, vanilla and Ancho, whisking continuously until completely emulsified and combined. Stir in the pumpkin seeds and spread onto prepared baking sheet. Allow to cool and then break into shards and use to garnish cupcakes.