Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
I needed bread and did not have anything in mind, so I played around and came up with this bread, which turned out really well. This is a light wheat loaf with the tasty accent of pumpkin seeds.
- 1 cup milk (any kind)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon vital wheat gluten
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
- Place all ingredients in breach machine pan in recommended order. Set to dough cycle. About ten minutes into the cycle check the dough and add flour or water, if necessary.
- When cycle is completed, shape as desired. Let rise. Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- Bake until done. A loaf may take 30 to 40 minutes, depending on shape. Rolls will probably take 15 to 20 minutes.
Absolutely beautiful bread, and so simple to make, too! I used my breadmaker, and added in 1/2 cup of Recipe #384672 for extra fibre. It rose beautifully, but lost a bit of volume when I was transferring it out of the rising basket to the peel to move onto the stone in hte oven. Next time I'll make it in a loaf pan so transferring it isn't necessary (I haven't quite been able to make the transfer from basket to oven flawlessly yet! This is definately going in my best of 2010 album! Thanks, Duonyte! Made for PRMR Tag. **Updated 01/29/10 and after using the dough cycle on my bread machine again, I used a standard bread pan and it turned out gorgeous!! (See photo.)
Wonderful rolls! Loved the texture of the pumpkin seeds! Nice color, and smells really good while baking. Served with Recipe#283851 and Recipe#388166. I shaped mine into rolls and baked for almost 25 minutes. I made as posted. Thank you for sharing duonyte.
Oh, what a divinely beautiful loaf! It rose so gorgeously high and has a light almost "floofy" taste. That's even after I increased the whole wheat flour by a cup. Thanks for a keeper, duonyte! (Note: I was out of vital wheat gluten but that didn't harm it at all. Cut the oil to 1 Tbsp.)