Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This pesto can be serve as a sandwich spread, dolloped onto pasta or added to a saute of your favorite seasonal vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons shelled pumpkin seeds
- 2 cups basil leaves, tightly packed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons miso
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- Toast pumpkin seeds for 5 minutes.
- Place seeds and all remaining ingredients in a food processor andblend until smooth.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to five days.
I got a bunch of basil from my CSA, so I wanted to try making pesto. Super simple and it worked fine in a blender. I combined this with an alfredo sauce in Pesto Alfredo Sauce and it's so good! Will make again, Sharon.
I made a pizza for lunch and used this as the sauce. I recommend 2 cups of basil leaves loosely packed, not tightly, and a little more olive oil to get a thinner consistency. I found the recipe as is to be more like a thick spread than pesto sauce. These changes will help to liquify it. Thanks for posting, it's very creative and delicious! <3
I didn't miss the cheese at all in this recipe. The miso and pumpkin seeds work well. Very worthwhile recipe.