Recipe by daisygrl64
Adapted from Australia The Beautiful Cookbook by Elise Pascoe.
Top Review by Lalaloula
This recipe is very easy and quick to put together and yields EXCELLENT results. The scones come out tall, fluffy and very tasty. Surprisingly they dont taste strongly of pumpkin, but good. :) THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this winner with us, daisygrl64! Ill surely make this again, maybe adding some cinnamon or vanilla for extra flavour. Made and reviewed for Bevy Tag August 09.
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 59.14 ml cooked pumpkin, mashed
- 59.14 ml milk
- 395.10 ml self-rising flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add egg, pumpking and milk.
- Beat well and add flour, make into a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead lightly.
- Press out a rectangle and cut into 12 squares.
- Place on nonstick pan and bake about 20 minutes. Serve with butter or jelly.