Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from Australia The Beautiful Cookbook by Elise Pascoe.
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 59.14 ml cooked pumpkin, mashed
- 59.14 ml milk
- 395.10 ml self-rising flour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add egg, pumpking and milk.
- Beat well and add flour, make into a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead lightly.
- Press out a rectangle and cut into 12 squares.
- Place on nonstick pan and bake about 20 minutes. Serve with butter or jelly.
This recipe is very easy and quick to put together and yields EXCELLENT results. The scones come out tall, fluffy and very tasty. Surprisingly they dont taste strongly of pumpkin, but good. :) THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this winner with us, daisygrl64! Ill surely make this again, maybe adding some cinnamon or vanilla for extra flavour. Made and reviewed for Bevy Tag August 09.