Recipe by KristinV
These scones are quite easy to make but just a hint from someone who made this mistake... Make sure you put them on the TOP shelf of the oven to prevent burnt bottoms :)
Top Review by smelly0610
Most excellent!!! I didn't have any pumpkin but used a can of mashed sweet potato that I had on hand. It was GREAT!! My nephew even loved them and he is incredibly picky about what he eats. Also, another trick to prevent burnt bottoms is to put a cookie sheet on the lower level of the oven.
- 100 g vegan margarine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- egg substitute (equal to one egg)
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pumpkin (cooked, drained and mashed)
- 1⁄4 soymilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Beat margarine and beat until soft then add sugar and egg replacer. Cream all together until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour, salt, and cinnamon together.
- Add pumpkin and milk alternately with the sifted ingredients into the creamed mixture until just combined. don not over mix.
- Turn scone dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly.
- Roll or dress scone dough out, cut into desired shapes with a scone cutter.
- Place scone shapes close together on a lightly greased and flour dusted baking tray. Brush tops with a little milk.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cooked (watch those bottoms) and golden.
- Remove from tray and cool slightly on a wire rack. Best served warm.