Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm ashamed to admit an unhealthy predilection for Starbucks pumpkin scones -- they have way too many empty calories and the icing is enough to induce diabetes -- so I found a copycat recipe and modified it to add fiber and lower fat & sugar.
- 946.36 ml whole wheat flour
- 29.58 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 177.44 ml cold butter
- 236.59 ml pumpkin puree
- 78.07 ml condensed milk
- 29.58 ml egg whites
- 78.07 ml agave syrup
- 78.07 ml confectioners' sugar
- 9.85 ml condensed milk
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Sift dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Cut butter into flour mixture until crumbly, with no discernible chunks of butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together pumpkin, milk, and egg.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Form dough into two balls.
- Pat each ball into a long rectangle (9x3x1 inch) on a floured surface.
- With a sharp, floured knife, cut each rectangle into 3 squares, and each square on the diagonal to form triangles.
- Place the scones on a floured baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Whisk together ingredients for spiced icing & drizzle over cooled scones. Allow icing to dry (at least 1 hour) before serving.