My version of a recipe made famous by the wife of a former Queensland premier.
Make and share this Pumpkin Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oven to 220°C.
- Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips.
- Add the sugar, pumpkin and egg, then the milk if you need it.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured board and knead until smooth.
- Roll out 2cm thick.
- Using a knife, cut into 12 scones.
- Place on a tray, and brush the tops with milk.
- Place in the top half of your oven and bake at 220°C for 10-15 minutes until brown.
- Allow them to cool a little, then serve with butter.