- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, plus (preferable brown)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (perferable brown, divided)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup solid pack pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg white
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and soda,salt, pumpkin pie spice and 1/4 c sugar. Cut in butter with a fork. Add pumpkin and buttermilk. Mix with hands until dough forms. Place on floured surface and knead for a minute.
- Pat dough into 8-10 inch circle. Cut into eight pielike wedges. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush tops with egg white and sprinkle with 1 T sugar.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.