Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a recipe I found and changed to fit my own personal tastes. This is great for autumn (since fresh pumpkin is so abundant) but is delightful any time of the year.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 medium onion, coursely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 cup frozen squash
- 1 cup pumpkin (fresh-pureed or canned)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 lb bay scallop (fresh)
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Saute the garlic, celery, and onion until the onion is translucent.
- Add flour and stir for a few minutes until roux is nice and golden(2-3 minutes).
- Add stock and stir with a whisk until mixture begins to thicken.
- Add remaining ingredients except the cream, salt, pepper, and scallops.
- Simmer covered for 30 minutes, stirring often.
- Add cream, salt, and pepper.
- Add scallops and heat for about 4-5 minutes, make sure not to over cook the scallops!
- Serve immediately.
I''m dying to try this!!