My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb pumpkin pie filling, peeled seeded and diced (use one pumpkin about 1 3/4 lb.)
- 8 ounces strong vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 ounces single cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- pasta, freshly cooked,to serve
- 1Gently fry the garlic and onion in the oil for 3 or 4 minutes.
- 2Do not allow them to burn.
- 3Add the pumpkin and vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- 4Cover and simmer over a medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pumpkin is tender.
- 5Break up the pumpkin by beating it with a wooden spoon, and stir in the parsley, cream, nutmeg and seasoning.
- 6Cook for a further minute and add a little of the pasta cooking water if the sauce is too thick.
- 7Pour over the pasta and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Sauce For Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.2
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 25.1 mg
- Sodium 384.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.2 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: