Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from a cookbook “Wonderful Ways to Cook Curries” I paid 50c for the book in a thrift shop and don’t plan to keep the poor old thing. I haven’t made this recipe, but we eat a lot of curries and I know I will. Remember an Australian tablespoon is 4 teaspoons.
- 500 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 green chili pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 green capsicum, thinly sliced
- Cook the pumpkin until tender in the beef stock with salt added.
- Drain and mash, and mix with the remaining ingredients. Chill to serve.