Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
From Cooking Light. Per 3/4 c. serving: 197 calories, 4.7 g fat, 10.1 g protein, 28.7 g carb, 3.2 g fiber, 14 mg cholesterol.
- 591.47 ml 1% low-fat milk
- 473.18 ml water
- 177.44 ml canned pumpkin
- 6.16 ml salt
- 295.73 ml dry instant polenta
- 177.44 ml grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh sage
- 59.14 ml shaved fresh parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring the milk and water to a boil over medium heat.
- Add in pumpkin and salt; stir using a whisk.
- Lower heat to low and gradually whisk in polenta.
- Cook polenta 1 minute or until thick.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, cream cheese, and sage; stir until cheeses melt.
- Top with shaved parmesan--serve immediately.
So I found this one on the CL site but decided to review it here. FANNNNNNNNNNNNTASTIC!!!! Oh so good!!!!! I did a few things differently... used skim milk, used two big spoon fulls of canned pumpkin pie mix (hey, it's what I had on hand!), two big pinches of swiss cheese (again, on hand), and skipped the sage but only because it wouldn't have been good with the ragout that I paired with the polenta. It was SOOOOO GOOD!!!!! My "foodie" best friend couldn't stop eating the stuff, either!!!