Recipe by KristiJoy
This recipe came from the Rachael Ray show. I made it last night and thought it was good, but changed a few things. I will note my changes and as she says, feel free to change it to your liking as well.
- 1⁄2 lb cooked penne (mini or regular)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 10 leaves sage, cut into thin slivers or 1 -2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup romano cheese or 1 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a medium, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add extra virgin olive oil and brown the sausage, breaking it up.
- Transfer sausage to a paper towel-lined plate, and add the onion and garlic to the pan. Cook over moderate heat until tender but not brown.
- Add the wine and return the sausage to the skillet, continue to cook a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, heavy cream, sage, cloves, and pumpkin. Bring up to a bubble and simmer until thick, a couple of minutes.
- Add the pasta and cheese tossing to coat the pasta with the sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and garnish with a sprinkle of chives.