Prep 35 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Source: Pillsbury Holiday Baking Cookbook Note: If you do not want to use rum in this recipe...for the Bread, substitute 1 tsp rum extract plus enough water to make 2 tablespoons. For the Glaze, sub 1/2 teaspoon rum extract plus water to make 1 tablespoon.
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 (14 ounce) box pumpkin quick bread mix
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup pistachio nut, chopped and shelled
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon rum
- In small bowl, soak raisins in 2 tablespoons rum for 30 minutes.
- Drain off rum into 1-cup glass measuring cup.
- Add enough water to make 1 cup liquid; ser aside for bread batter.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottoms only of three 5 x 3 inch foil loaf pans with shortening; lightly flour.
- In large bowl, stir quick bread mix, reserved 1 cup liquid, oil and eggs 50-75 strokes with spoon until mix is moistened.
- Stir in soaked raisins and pistachios.
- Pour batter evenly in pans.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, heat sugar, 2 tablespoons water and the butter to boiling over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved.
- Boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in 1 tablespoon rum.
- Poke surface of loaves with toothpick. Brush top of each loaf with glaze.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Wrap tighly, store in refridgerator.