Recipe by jamesmom
I havent tried this yet, but it sounds delicious! My husband had it and brought home the recipe and has been hounding me to make it ever since.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons dark rum
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- confectioners' sugar
- chocolate curls, for decoration
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 Grease a 10x13 jelly roll pan and line with waxed or parchment paper.
- Grease paper and set aside.
- In bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon,nutmeg, cloves and salt.
- Set aside.
- In mixing bowl of electric mixer beat eggs until light then gradually add sugar.
- Continue beating for approx.
- 5 minutes.
- Reduce speed and add pumpkin, remove bowl from mixer fold in flour mixture and then the melted butter.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth out mixture.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until springy to the touch Let cool, pull off any paper and invert on a piece of parchment paper dusted with confectioners sugar.
- Im mixing bowl, whip cream and sugar until almost stiff Then add rum and beat until rum is incorporated into the mixture Do not overbeat!
- Spread mixture completely over roll towards edges and then roll, jelly-style.
- Roll firmly as possible.
- Decroate top with chocolate curls or fresh flowers.
- Serve with caramel sauce, recipe is as follows.
- Caramel Sauce 1 stick butter 1 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup light corn syrup 1 cup heavy cream 1 tsp.
- vanilla Combine first four ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Whisk until smooth add vanilla.