Recipe by Alaska Katie
I found this recipe on a Libby's pumpkin can and have made it over and over again. It's a great fall treat perfect for dinner parties. Easy to make, looks elegant and tastes delicious.
Top Review by Hazeleyes
So moist and delicious! I love the flavor of the rum in the glaze. I used dark brown sugar instead of the white sugar in the glaze to give it more of a caramel flavor. I also added a couple of tablespoons of powdered sugar when making the glaze. Thanks for a great pumpkin cake recipe!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can Libby's canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Butter Rum Glaze
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 -3 tablespoons dark rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease 12 cup bundt pan.
- Combine flour, spices, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated in a large mixer bowl and until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Add pumpkin and vanilla extract and beat well. Add flour to pumpkin mixture, 1/3 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
- While cake is cooling make Butter Rum Glaze. Melt butter in a saucepan; stir in sugar and water. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in rum.
- Poke holes all over cake with a long pick (I use a wooden skewer). Pour half of glaze over cake. Let stand 5 minutes and then invert onto plate. Make holes all over top of cake and pour remaining glaze over the top.
- Cool completely.