Chef #257009's Note:
This recipe is an updated version of #76004 on this site. As a result of the comments on this recipe, this reworking turned out to be some of the tastiest cookies I've ever had. Recipe yield is too small!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and sugar.
- 2Blend in flavorings: orange zest, salt, cinnamon, clove, ginger, nutmeg, vanilla.
- 3Incorporate yolk, then flour.
- 4Divide in two balls, wrap separately and chill at least 1/2 hour.
- 5Use cookie cutters on dough rolled 1/4 inch thick (thinner for crispy cookies, thicker for chewier).
- 6Bake 15 minutes at 375-degrees.
- 7Frost with any icing. For Haloween we used powdered sugar (maybe 3 cups? Sorry, don't know quantity) mixed with cream cheese (2 Tablespoons) flavored with orange zest (1/2 teaspoon) and maple syrup (1/4 cup). Add milk to moisten to proper consistency (just add by the dropful; a little goes a long way and you want the resulting icing thick enough not to run off the cookies). Apply sprinkles to wet frosting so they harden on top.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Rollout Cookies Revisited
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.0
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 23.1 mg
- Sodium 66.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 1.9 g