Recipe by witchesbrew88
This is a family recipe that my Grandmother would always make every Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. It's so delicious and a must try! I've continued the tradition for my family just as my Grandmother did, from my family to yours.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
So very easy to make, I thought, & a wonderfully tasty treat for this time of year, too! I did share it with a neighbor couple, & we all agreed on a five-star rating! Definitely a pumpkin recipe that I'll make again & again! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Grease a 15x10 cookie sheet. Then layer the cookie sheet with wax paper. Once the wax paper is down, grease it again. Sprinkle flour on to a medium size clean dish towel and set aside.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a medium size bowl and then set aside. Combine your eggs and sugar in your mixing bowl until it becomes thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in the flour mixture. Once mixed, spread it evenly into your prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until the top of the cake springs back when touched. Immediately loosen cake from the cookie sheet and put it on the prepared towel. Peel off the remaining wax paper. Roll the cake in the towel and set it in the fridge to cool.
- Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla in a mixer bowl until smooth. Unroll cake; remove towel. Spread the cream cheese filling all over one side of the cake. Re-roll the cake and set it in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired, and enjoy!