Recipe by troyh
Source: Times-Republic Recipe anthology, Watseka, IL 1990 40 min cook time includes cooling time for the cake part
Top Review by muffinlady
I have had a similar recipe and used it for about 17 years. I put powder sugar on towel before I roll up. My recipe had double the amount of filling. You can use a 9x13 pan for this cake I have. I also to make sure comes out of pan easily grease pan, line with aluminum foil or parchment and grease that before I put in cake batter.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs and sugar. Add pumpkin and lemon juice, mixing well, then dry ingredients.
- Spread batter into a greased and waxed-paper-lined 10x15 jelly roll pan. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- Remove, allow to cool 15 minutes. Roll cake in tea towel or waxed paper and cool 10 more minutes.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese and margarine; add sugar and vanilla. Beat till smooth.
- Unroll cake and spread filling evenly.
- Re-roll and chill at least one hour before serving.