Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I got this recipe from a can of Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin. I made it for Thanksgiving and it was gone in no time!
- powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- For the cake: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 15x10 inch jelly roll pan, and then line with wax paper. Also grease and flour the paper. Sprinkle a thin cotton kitchen towel (a no lint type) with powdered sugar.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a small bowl. Beat eggs, and sugar in a larger mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in the flour mixture. Spread evenly into pan. (optional sprinkle with nuts).
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off wax paper, and sprinkle top of cake with more powdered sugar (to help keep the towel or cake from sticking together) Then roll the cake and towel up together(starting from the narrow end) Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For Filling: Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in a small bowl until smooth.
- Carefully unroll the cake, remove towel. Spread filling over the whole cake, covering the entire top. Reroll the cake, and then wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving if desired.