Recipe by Sammie Sue Privett
Very rich pumpkin and cream cheese destert. This recipe came from my step-grandmother who is the best cook I know.
Top Review by Brenda Tanner-Hebb
I made this for a famly potluck and everyone loved it! I added a 1/2 cup of the pumpkin , 2 TBSp of Khalua, and 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice to the cream cheese filling. It has a wonderfull taste and texture. Brenda
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons soft butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs on high for 5 minutes.
- Gradually beat in sugar, pumpkin, and lemon juice.
- Mix the rest of the regular ingredients.
- Spread on greased 15 by 9 inch cookie sheet and top with nuts.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Turn out on towel that has been sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Start at narrow end and roll cake and towel together.
- Let cool for an hour.
- FILLING: Mix all of ingredients together.
- Unroll cake part and spread filling evenly over.
- Roll back up without the towel.