Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Very rich pumpkin and cream cheese destert. This recipe came from my step-grandmother who is the best cook I know.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons soft butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat eggs on high for 5 minutes.
- Gradually beat in sugar, pumpkin, and lemon juice.
- Mix the rest of the regular ingredients.
- Spread on greased 15 by 9 inch cookie sheet and top with nuts.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Turn out on towel that has been sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Start at narrow end and roll cake and towel together.
- Let cool for an hour.
- FILLING: Mix all of ingredients together.
- Unroll cake part and spread filling evenly over.
- Roll back up without the towel.
I made this for a famly potluck and everyone loved it! I added a 1/2 cup of the pumpkin , 2 TBSp of Khalua, and 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice to the cream cheese filling. It has a wonderfull taste and texture. Brenda
I also tried another recipe on here just to compare the cake portion of the recipe..hands down, I found that this one had a better taste with the extra cinnamon and beating the eggs 5 minutes made for a very light sponge type mix..I used mascarpone instead of cream cheese and this turned out fantastic..sharing the recipe with all the other doubting Thomas's that thought the only way to use pumpkin was in soup!!!