Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
It is a must that I prepare several of these at my house at Christmas. Looks time consuming but very easy and very delicious.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup nuts
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Line large cookie sheet, 17 x 11 inches (or jelly roll pan) with wax paper.
- Spray with Pam non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine eggs, sugar, pumpkin, baking soda, cinnamon, flour and nuts and pour on wax paper.
- Can sprinkle a few additional nuts on top of this if desired.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Turn out onto powdered sugar sprinkled towel.
- Roll like jelly roll (towel and all).
- Let cool 30 minutes; unroll.
- Remove wax paper.
- Mix all filling ingredients together and spread over pumpkin roll.
- Roll back up again like jelly roll.
- Chill before slicing and serving.
This is sooooooo goooooood! I made this at Thanksgiving and it was such a hit I am making them and giving them away in my goody bags for Christmas. I did find one other recipe that was similar, but the bread was dryer and crumbled...however, the filling was lighter because it called for whipped cream. Add a cup and fold it into the filling.
FABULOUS! My family and friends LOVE this recipe. I get requests for it all the time. Thanks for sharing!
definitely a keeper and its now a popular dessert here! Introducing a different way to eat pumpkin, the finished product was met with trepidation, but once they tasted this they were hooked!!! I didn't have cream cheese so I used 250grams of mascarpone instead but it turned out great! The mascarpone held its form well and was lighter than the cream cheese version I had eaten! The recipe is making its rounds here in Belgium!!!!