Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
An impressive recipe that really isn't that hard to make. Everyone always raves about how good it is. One tip, use a linen towel to wrap it in. A terry cloth one will stick...don't ask me how I know. ;o)
Top Review by Krystal Shankle
This is a wonderful recipe. It's almost exactly like my own. There was a question on how much total time it takes to prepare. It takes 15 minutes to cook cake, 15 minutes to prepare and spread filling and chill last for about an hour. So a total time of 1 hr and 30 minutes. Your instructions on how to cook this were very understandable to me. Thanks for a great recipe!!
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 158.51 ml pumpkin
- 177.44 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 226.79 g cream cheese (You may use a drop of food coloring in the cream cheese for color)
- 29.58 ml margarine
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 78.07 ml nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 10x15 inch jellyroll pan with waxed paper and grease. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed for five minutes. Gradually mix in pumpkin. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the pumpkin mixture.
- Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes.
- After you take it out of the oven sprinkle top with powdered sugar, and flip onto a dish towel. Remove the waxed paper and sprinkle with more powdered sugar; roll up like a jellyroll in the dish towel.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or put in freezer for 15 minutes. Unroll; spread filling on roll and roll again without the towel.
- Place in container or Reynolds Wrap. Refrigerate or you may freeze for up to 4 months.