Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I do not know where this recipe actually originated, but my sister gave it to me a few years ago. I have made them since and given them away as gifts. Of course, I've kept them and ate them myself, too, after adjusting them to a Sugar-Free Recipe - Yummie!!
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2⁄3 cup pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, Chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar (Mock Powdered Sugar made with Splenda)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- Grease Cookie Sheet and place wax paper over it. (I also spray Wax Paper with cooking spray).
- Pour batter over wax paper and sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Bake 15 - 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Powdered Sugar.
- Turn Cake out on clean Dish Towel & peel off wax paper.
- Roll Lengthwise and place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- While cake is in freezer, Mix filling by adding all ingredients and mixing until smooth.
- Take cake out of freezer and unroll.
- Spread filling all over cake.
- Roll back without dish towel.
- Wrap in Foil and freeze.
- Remove 15 minutes before serving.
WOW! If I only rated on taste, this would get a 5 star. But, it was harder than I expected to make. I followed directions EXACTLY but my cake definitely didn't "roll" at all. It started to fall apart so I stopped rolling immediately and did something different. I cut it in 5 slices and layered the slices with the cream cheese mixture between each slice. It still resembled a "loaf" just not rolled. It would have been more helpful to have more specific directions (was cake mixture supposed to be hand mixed or electric mixer?) The powdered sugar and a lot of the pecans fell off when I turned it out onto the towel (boy was my kitchen a mess!) To my surprise (& excitement) the flavor of this Pumpkin Roll was awesome.
Turned out slightly drier than normal pumpin roll, and not quite as sweet, but for a no-sugar recipe it was definately GREAT!... I also had some problems rolling, but it all worked out in the end.