Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The name is misleading these are soft and comforting. A Christmas tradition at our house.
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1⁄2 cup corn oil
- 1⁄4 cup light molasses
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese, slightly softened and cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 then grease several baking sheets or coat with nonstick spray.
- In small bowl cover raisins with hot water then let stand 10 minutes.
- Drain well and set aside.
- In medium bowl stir flour, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves, nutmeg and salt then set aside.
- In large bowl with electric mixer on medium beat sugar and butter until very blended and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low and beat in oil, molasses, vanilla and pumpkin until evenly incorporated.
- Beat or stir in flour mixture then add raisins until evenly incorporated.
- Drop dough onto baking sheets in golf ball size mounds spacing 2” apart.
- Bake cookies one sheet at a time in upper third of oven for 15 minutes.