1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Risotto Stuffed Acorn Squash
1 hr 37 mins
1 hr 27 mins
Culinary Ginger's Note:
Creamy pumpkin risotto is paired perfectly with the sweet acorn squash.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium acorn squash, halved
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice or 1 1/2 cups risotto rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh sage leaf, chopped
- 1 pinch dried sage
- 1For the acorn squash
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 3Brush each half of the acorn squash with olive oil, sage, salt and pepper.
- 4Arrange on a sheet pan. If they won't stand, trim the bottom slightly to make them even.
- 5Roast for 40 minutes to 50 minutes until fork tender.
- 6For the risotto, while the squash is roasting.
- 7Bring the chicken stock to a simmer in a saucepan and keep at a gently simmer.
- 8Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, add onion and pinch of salt, sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- 9Add the rice and cook for 2 minutes.
- 10Add the wine and cook until absorbed.
- 11Add 1/2 cup of the stock and stir until absorbed, repeat. Continue to cook and stir, allowing the rice to absorb each addition of the stock before adding more until all the stock is gone. About 30 minutes.
- 12Stir in the pumpkin puree, sage and parmesan cheese. Taste for seasoning.
- 13Serve in the roasted acorn squash.
Browse Our Top Pumpkin Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pumpkin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Risotto Stuffed Acorn Squash
Serving Size: 1 (636 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.8
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 33.4 mg
- Sodium 740.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 18.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves