Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 27 mins
Creamy pumpkin risotto is paired perfectly with the sweet acorn squash.
Make and share this Pumpkin Risotto Stuffed Acorn Squash recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium acorn squash, halved
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice or 1 1⁄2 cups risotto rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh sage leaf, chopped
- 1 pinch dried sage
- For the acorn squash
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush each half of the acorn squash with olive oil, sage, salt and pepper.
- Arrange on a sheet pan. If they won't stand, trim the bottom slightly to make them even.
- Roast for 40 minutes to 50 minutes until fork tender.
- For the risotto, while the squash is roasting.
- Bring the chicken stock to a simmer in a saucepan and keep at a gently simmer.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, add onion and pinch of salt, sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook until absorbed.
- Add 1/2 cup of the stock and stir until absorbed, repeat. Continue to cook and stir, allowing the rice to absorb each addition of the stock before adding more until all the stock is gone. About 30 minutes.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree, sage and parmesan cheese. Taste for seasoning.
- Serve in the roasted acorn squash.