- 15 g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup diced pumpkin (I use butternut)
- 3 -4 cups hot stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter and oil together in a large saucepan or frypan.
- Gently cook the onion and garlic.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring until the rice is coated in the oil mix.
- Cook this about 1 minute.
- Stir in the pumpkin and mushrooms.
- Pour over 1 cup of the hot stock.
- Cook, stirring often until the liquid is almost all absorbed.
- You don't want the liquid to be boiling in with the rice, just a gentle simmer.
- Continue stirring and adding stock one cup at a time until the stock is all absorbed and the rice is tender.
- This takes about 20 minutes.
- You don't need to stand there stirring the whole time if you use a non-stick pot and return often.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese,seasoning and parsley.
- It will go lovely and sticky with the cheese.
- Serve immediately.