1/1 Photo of Pumpkin risotto
My ultimate comfort food. I make this so often I don't need a recipe but here it is for everybody else. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat butter and oil together in a large saucepan or frypan.
- 2Gently cook the onion and garlic.
- 3Add the rice and cook, stirring until the rice is coated in the oil mix.
- 4Cook this about 1 minute.
- 5Stir in the pumpkin and mushrooms.
- 6Pour over 1 cup of the hot stock.
- 7Cook, stirring often until the liquid is almost all absorbed.
- 8You don't want the liquid to be boiling in with the rice, just a gentle simmer.
- 9Continue stirring and adding stock one cup at a time until the stock is all absorbed and the rice is tender.
- 10This takes about 20 minutes.
- 11You don't need to stand there stirring the whole time if you use a non-stick pot and return often.
- 12Stir in the parmesan cheese,seasoning and parsley.
- 13It will go lovely and sticky with the cheese.
- 14Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin risotto
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.6
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 19.0 mg
- Sodium 221.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: