Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
My ultimate comfort food. I make this so often I don't need a recipe but here it is for everybody else. Enjoy!
- Heat butter and oil together in a large saucepan or frypan.
- Gently cook the onion and garlic.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring until the rice is coated in the oil mix.
- Cook this about 1 minute.
- Stir in the pumpkin and mushrooms.
- Pour over 1 cup of the hot stock.
- Cook, stirring often until the liquid is almost all absorbed.
- You don't want the liquid to be boiling in with the rice, just a gentle simmer.
- Continue stirring and adding stock one cup at a time until the stock is all absorbed and the rice is tender.
- This takes about 20 minutes.
- You don't need to stand there stirring the whole time if you use a non-stick pot and return often.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese,seasoning and parsley.
- It will go lovely and sticky with the cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Creamy tasty risotto, really love the addition of the Parmesan, great flavours, and easy to make too. Thanks for posting. =)
This is a good recipe. I am giving it 3 stars because we thought it needed some spices. We added fresh parsley, thyme and rosemary from our garden. The addition of the fresh herbs flavored this dish very nicely. We also used leftover canned pumpkin instead of fresh. Great use for leftover canned pumpkin after recipes that don't use the whole can!