My ultimate comfort food. I make this so often I don't need a recipe but here it is for everybody else. Enjoy!
- Heat butter and oil together in a large saucepan or frypan.
- Gently cook the onion and garlic.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring until the rice is coated in the oil mix.
- Cook this about 1 minute.
- Stir in the pumpkin and mushrooms.
- Pour over 1 cup of the hot stock.
- Cook, stirring often until the liquid is almost all absorbed.
- You don't want the liquid to be boiling in with the rice, just a gentle simmer.
- Continue stirring and adding stock one cup at a time until the stock is all absorbed and the rice is tender.
- This takes about 20 minutes.
- You don't need to stand there stirring the whole time if you use a non-stick pot and return often.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese,seasoning and parsley.
- It will go lovely and sticky with the cheese.
- Serve immediately.