1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Risotto
If anyone has ever made risotto then you know that it takes a bit of effort in front of the stove to prepare it... but boy, is it ever time well spent lol! The trick to a perfect creamy risotto is only use aborio rice, and keep adding in the simmering hot broth in small amounts (stirring constantly with a wooden spoon) a small amount at a time until it is fully absorbed before adding in more, you might use less than the amount stated on this recipe.... only continue to keep adding in the broth until the rice is done to a desired texture. This is a wonderful risotto recipe, especially in the cooler weather. Try to purchase Italian pancetta for this recipe, you can purchase it in any deli department or Italian store, it is very easy to find and it is much better than using bacon for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 14.79 ml minced fresh garlic (optional)
- 226.79 g pancetta, diced (can use chopped bacon, but pancetta is better)
- 14.79 ml grated lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 473.18 ml arborio rice (use only aborio rice for this!)
- 828.06 ml chicken broth (you might use less for the risotto, make certain that it is simmering on top of stove to add to the)
- 793.78 g can pumpkin puree
- 6 fresh sage leaves or 2.46 ml rubbed dried sage
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 236.59 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 1In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup butter. Add in onions, and slowly carmelize.
- 2When onions are browned, add in pancetta and cook until the fat is released.
- 3Add in the garlic (if using) and cook for another 1 minute.
- 4Add in the lemon zest; saute for 1 minute.
- 5Add in the rice and stir constantly until it absorbs all of the fat, and any liquid.
- 6Add in 1 cup of the simmering chicken broth; stir until it is absorbed.
- 7Add half of the pumpkin puree and stir until any liquid is absorbed.
- 8Add in another cup of stock and the remaining pumpkin and repeat process.
- 9Add in the lemon juice, sage and parsley, and continue with the broth until the rice is al dente.
- 10Stir in the cheese and remaining butter; mix until well combined.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (618 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 773.7
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 83.0 mg
- Sodium 1244.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 23.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves