1/1 Photo of Pumpkin & Ricotta Ravioli
1 hr 15 mins
Prep time is an estimate, cook time includes cooling the pumpkin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift the flour onto the work surface and make a well.
- 2You may want to oil your hands first to prevent sticking.
- 3Add the eggs one at a time, then add the salt.
- 4Mix the eggs, then add a little flour at a time from the well, until all the flour has been used.
- 5Knead for about 5 minutes, adding flour if dough is too sticky.
- 6Dice the pumpkin and cook in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- 7Strain and leave to cool.
- 8In a large bowl, soften the ricotta.
- 9When the pumpkin has cooled, mash with a fork and add to the ricotta.
- 10Add the parmesan, egg, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
- 11Mix the ingredients together until they have a uniform texture.
- 12Roll out a thin sheet of pasta.
- 13Use the smallest setting on the pasta machine.
- 14Or roll by hand (watch out- it won't be easy!).
- 15Pasta should be very very thin at the final stage.
- 16If you have a ravioli attatchment for your machine, this should be easy from here on inches.
- 17Using a spoon, piping bag or fingers, place filling at equal distance apart along one side.
- 18Fold over the sheet of pasta or place another sheet on top.
- 19Be sure to try not to let much air be in with the filling or your ravioli will burst during cooking.
- 20Cut out the individual ravioli shapes using pastry cutter or shape cutter.
- 21Be sure to seal edges well with water and perhaps a fork.
- 22Cook 5-6 minutes in boiling water.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin & Ricotta Ravioli
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.8
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 248.3 mg
- Sodium 291.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 23.8 g