2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 45 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin (1-3/4 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, scraped,grated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 cups milk (tested with 2 percent)
- 1/4 cup Bourbon or 1/4 cup dark rum
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup dark raisin
- 1Set rack as low as possible in oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- 2Generously butter a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 3Have ready another, larger, shallow baking pan to hold water around the 13x9.
- 4With an electric mixer or in a food processor, blend the pumpkin, grated carrots, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and egg yolks.
- 5Lightly beat the whole eggs, then add slowly in 3 additions to pumpkin batter, blending just until absorbed each time.
- 6Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- 7Whisk in milk and bourbon.
- 8Stir in the cooked rice and raisins (or mixed dried fruit, such as diced dates, apricots or Fruit Bits).
- 9Pour the rice mixture into the prepared baking pan, then set that pan in the larger shallow pan.
- 10Place in oven.
- 11Fill larger pan with very hot tap water to come halfway up sides of dish.
- 12Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- 13Open oven and stir gently.
- 14Continue baking, uncovered, for about 1 1/2 hours longer, or until a knife inserted into center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 639.3
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 259.6 mg
- Sodium 167.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 62.1 g
- Protein 16.2 g