2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 45 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin (1-3/4 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, scraped,grated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 cups milk (tested with 2 percent)
- 1/4 cup Bourbon or 1/4 cup dark rum
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup dark raisin
- 1Set rack as low as possible in oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- 2Generously butter a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 3Have ready another, larger, shallow baking pan to hold water around the 13x9.
- 4With an electric mixer or in a food processor, blend the pumpkin, grated carrots, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and egg yolks.
- 5Lightly beat the whole eggs, then add slowly in 3 additions to pumpkin batter, blending just until absorbed each time.
- 6Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- 7Whisk in milk and bourbon.
- 8Stir in the cooked rice and raisins (or mixed dried fruit, such as diced dates, apricots or Fruit Bits).
- 9Pour the rice mixture into the prepared baking pan, then set that pan in the larger shallow pan.
- 10Place in oven.
- 11Fill larger pan with very hot tap water to come halfway up sides of dish.
- 12Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- 13Open oven and stir gently.
- 14Continue baking, uncovered, for about 1 1/2 hours longer, or until a knife inserted into center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 639.3
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 259.6 mg
- Sodium 167.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 62.1 g
- Protein 16.2 g