Real Simple November 2001
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, combine the rice, milk, sugar, vanilla bean, orange zest, orange juice, and salt.
- 2Heat to boiling over medium-high beat, stirring occasionally.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender and most (but not all) of the liquid is absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Discard the vanilla bean.
- 6Stir in the pumpkin.
- 7The recipe can be made ahead to this point.
- 8Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days ahead.
- 9To rewarm, stir in an additional 1.5 c milk and stir gently over medium-low heat.
- 10Serve warm, sprinkled with the brown sugar if desired.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.0
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 218.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 26.6 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: