Real Simple November 2001
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, combine the rice, milk, sugar, vanilla bean, orange zest, orange juice, and salt.
- 2Heat to boiling over medium-high beat, stirring occasionally.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender and most (but not all) of the liquid is absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Discard the vanilla bean.
- 6Stir in the pumpkin.
- 7The recipe can be made ahead to this point.
- 8Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days ahead.
- 9To rewarm, stir in an additional 1.5 c milk and stir gently over medium-low heat.
- 10Serve warm, sprinkled with the brown sugar if desired.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.0
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 218.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 26.6 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: