Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was an accidental discovery, serendipity, if you will! I couldn't find a recipe that quite included everything I had in my pantry and I so wanted pumpkin rice, so I picked a little of this and a little of that from other recipes and made one myself. It's absolutely delicious. I made it because I was in a pumpkin-y mood on Halloween Eve, and now I'm totally making it again on Thanksgiving. My picky two-year-old son even gobbled it all up and asked for seconds! I hope you enjoy it! If you find ways to tweak it, please feel free to comment!
- In large saucepan or frypan, sautee onion in olive oil until onions are transparent.
- Add rice and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cover.
- In separate saucepan, combine pumpkin puree, butter, brown sugar, and spices.
- Stir together on medium heat until warm.
- When all the water is absorbed and the rice is al dente, add pumpkin mixture and stir.