Chef #981022's Note:
This recipe was an accidental discovery, serendipity, if you will! I couldn't find a recipe that quite included everything I had in my pantry and I so wanted pumpkin rice, so I picked a little of this and a little of that from other recipes and made one myself. It's absolutely delicious. I made it because I was in a pumpkin-y mood on Halloween Eve, and now I'm totally making it again on Thanksgiving. My picky two-year-old son even gobbled it all up and asked for seconds! I hope you enjoy it! If you find ways to tweak it, please feel free to comment!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large saucepan or frypan, sautee onion in olive oil until onions are transparent.
- 2Add rice and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat to medium and cover.
- 4In separate saucepan, combine pumpkin puree, butter, brown sugar, and spices.
- 5Stir together on medium heat until warm.
- 6When all the water is absorbed and the rice is al dente, add pumpkin mixture and stir.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Rice
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.3
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 551.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 8.3 g