Recipe by Sherrybeth
This pumpkin bread has a beautiful cream cheese ribbon. Friends ask for this recipe all of the time and I try to make as many loaves as possible for Christmas gifts.
Top Review by Chabear01
Made for the Winner of Football Pool Wk2 WTG Sherrybeth! Had to make this twice, first time neglected to take into account the higher altitude I live at. Second time added 1/4 cup more sugar and 1 tbls flour to the Ribbon Filling, and baked 20 minutes longer. At last this bread was perfect, and certainly a great looking holiday bread well worth gift giving as well as having on any table, and the flavor is just as memoriable. Thank You for a great recipe, I am adding to my Holiday cookbook as well as to my Bread cookbook.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease two 8x4-in loaf pans.
- Combine all filling ingredients until smooth and set aside.
- In another bowl, sift 1-2/3 cup flour, baking soda, salt, spice and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, oil, 2 eggs and 1-1/2 cups sugar, beat well. Stir the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture just until combined.
- Fold in nuts and cranberries.
- Pour half of the pumpkin bread batter evenly into prepared loaf pans.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture on top of batter, and then pour on the remaining pumpkin batter.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 10-15 minutes.