Recipe by Kozmic Blues
My girlfriend Lauren LOVES this recipe so much that I simply HAD to add it to my ever-growing list of recipes! I saw this on "Everyday Italian" and just had to try it! I made a few adjustments for what was available at the nearby market, but overall, I think this came out amazingly!
Top Review by elimaddy
This is a great, simple recipe which tastes like you spent hours cooking it. The hardest part is timing the ravioli to be boiled and hot at the same time as the butter and sage. Get fresh sage, and do use the nuts & amaretti cookies, they made a good difference!
- 1 lb fresh pumpkin ravioli
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 6 fresh sage leaves or 3⁄4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 amaretti cookies
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add fresh ravioli and cook for about 4 minutes or until the float to the top.
- Remove ravioli from water with large slotted spoon or spider, and place in a large platter.
- Cover with foil to keep warm while you prepare the sauce.
- In a small saute pan, melt the stick of butter over low heat.
- When butter just begins to sizzle and brown, tear the fresh sage leaves into the pan and fry for 20-30 seconds.
- Remove butter sauce from the heat and grate in the nutmeg.
- Pour butter sauce over the ravioli.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and toasted hazel nuts (if using).
- Grate the amaretti cookies over the dish and serve immediately.