My girlfriend Lauren LOVES this recipe so much that I simply HAD to add it to my ever-growing list of recipes! I saw this on "Everyday Italian" and just had to try it! I made a few adjustments for what was available at the nearby market, but overall, I think this came out amazingly!
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add fresh ravioli and cook for about 4 minutes or until the float to the top.
- Remove ravioli from water with large slotted spoon or spider, and place in a large platter.
- Cover with foil to keep warm while you prepare the sauce.
- In a small saute pan, melt the stick of butter over low heat.
- When butter just begins to sizzle and brown, tear the fresh sage leaves into the pan and fry for 20-30 seconds.
- Remove butter sauce from the heat and grate in the nutmeg.
- Pour butter sauce over the ravioli.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and toasted hazel nuts (if using).
- Grate the amaretti cookies over the dish and serve immediately.