Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pumpkin, butternut squash or hazelnut filled ravioli can be used for this recipe.
- 8 ounces fresh pumpkin ravioli
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup hazelnuts or 1⁄4 cup walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cook the ravioli in salted boiling water.
- While the ravioli will be ready in 5 mins, melt the butter on low heat.
- When the butter is melt, sprinkle with nutmeg and brown the sage leaves for about 3 minutes.
- In the meantime, warm the olive oil over medium heat in a small frying pan and add hazelnuts until nuts are golden.
- Drain the ravioli.
- Pour the butter sage sauce over the ravioli and sprinkle with nuts, serve immediately.
This was very easy to make and a nice change from traditional ravioli. I had to use sweet potato ravioli due to lack of pumpkin ravioli availability, but I am sure the great result would be similar. I also used hazelnuts for a nice change.