1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Raisin Spice Bundt Cake
1 hr 5 mins
Carb Lover's Note:
This is an incredibly moist dense cake that just reminds you that fall is on the way. I had a box of spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin, we needed a cake for dinner one night and this was born. Its pretty basic but the flavors are nice and you can adjust the spices according to your own tastes. We like ours spicy so I always add more :) I hope you like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box spice cake mix, I use Duncan Hines
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree, I use Libby's
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice (to taste)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground cloves (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins, plumped in warm water
- 3 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg yolk
- 1First put the raisins into the warm water to plump them up. Do this before you start the cake and they should be good in 10 minutes or so. Grease a 10 cup bundt pan really well.
- 2For the Cake:.
- 3Empty the mix into a large bowl and add the vanilla pudding mix. Then add the pumpkin,3 eggs, water , oil and the vanilla and mix well. Next add your spices altering them to your own tastes. The batter will be very thick.
- 4Drain the raisins and fold them into your batter. Pour into the prepared bundt pan.
- 5Bake at 350 for about 45-50 minutes. Test to check for doneness since all oven are a little different.
- 6Cool Completely and drizzle glaze over the cake.
- 7For the Glaze:.
- 8In a small pot over medium heat add the condensed milk, regular milk, egg yolk and syrup. Mix well and cook until the mixture starts to thicken. Be careful not to burn the bottom of your pan. If it happens, simply strain the glaze into a bowl. Cool completely, and drizzle over cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Raisin Spice Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.3
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 82.0 mg
- Sodium 470.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 66.4 g
- Protein 7.5 g