Recipe by Carb Lover
This is an incredibly moist dense cake that just reminds you that fall is on the way. I had a box of spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin, we needed a cake for dinner one night and this was born. Its pretty basic but the flavors are nice and you can adjust the spices according to your own tastes. We like ours spicy so I always add more :) I hope you like it.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box spice cake mix, I use Duncan Hines
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree, I use Libby's
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice (to taste)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins, plumped in warm water
- 3 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg yolk
Directions See How It's Made
- First put the raisins into the warm water to plump them up. Do this before you start the cake and they should be good in 10 minutes or so. Grease a 10 cup bundt pan really well.
- For the Cake:.
- Empty the mix into a large bowl and add the vanilla pudding mix. Then add the pumpkin,3 eggs, water , oil and the vanilla and mix well. Next add your spices altering them to your own tastes. The batter will be very thick.
- Drain the raisins and fold them into your batter. Pour into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 for about 45-50 minutes. Test to check for doneness since all oven are a little different.
- Cool Completely and drizzle glaze over the cake.
- For the Glaze:.
- In a small pot over medium heat add the condensed milk, regular milk, egg yolk and syrup. Mix well and cook until the mixture starts to thicken. Be careful not to burn the bottom of your pan. If it happens, simply strain the glaze into a bowl. Cool completely, and drizzle over cake.