1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Raisin Rum Bundt Cake With Butter Rum Glaze
1 hr 20 mins
Taken from my "Pumpkin Favorites" folder. Chopped walnuts or pecans can be substituted for the raisins if desired, and also sprinkled on top of the cake after glazing. If you don't want to use the glaze, a sprinkle of powdered sugar works just as well. This is a rich moist dense cake that is full of flavor, and only gets better with time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (if you like a very strong spice flavor then add in another pinch of pie spice)
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest (can use more or less)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar (can use a couple of tablespoons more for a sweeter taste)
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup melted butter (butter is better to use) or 3/4 cup margarine (butter is better to use)
- 1/4 cup milk or 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
BUTTER RUM GLAZE
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 3Generously grease a Bundt pan.
- 4In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, pie spice and orange zest; set aside.
- 5In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- 6Beat in sugar until well blended.
- 7Beat in pumpkin and melted butter until combined.
- 8In a small cup or bowl combine the rum and milk; add alternately with the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture until combined.
- 9Stir in raisins.
- 10Transfer the batter to prepared Bundt pan.
- 11Bake for about 55-60 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- 12Cool completely before glazing.
- 13To make glaze: Combine all the ingredients in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan; bring to a boil.
- 14Boil the mixture for about 3 minutes, stirring/whisking constantly.
- 15Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- 16Drizzle over cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Raisin Rum Bundt Cake With Butter Rum Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 680.8
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 119.2 mg
- Sodium 579.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 73.7 g
- Protein 7.3 g