Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Nice and easy quick bread. You can also make 12 muffins instead..Just grease 12 muffin-pan cups or line with liners and bake until brown about 20 minutes
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and coolet
- 1 canned pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- Beat together sugar, butter, pumpkin puree, eggs, orange peel and vanilla at medium speed until light and creamy.
- At low speed beat flour mixture until lumpy batter forms (do not overmix) stir in raisins.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan; Bake bread until top is golden and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 1 hour.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes.
- Turn bread onto rack to cool completely.