Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is another pumpkin recipe from pumpkinnook.com. This makes two dozen muffins, which is more than enough for people who like baked goods. You can use canned pumpkin if fresh pumpkin is not available.
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄4 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup soft butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Put muffin cups into muffin tins or grease the tins.
- Cream butter (or margarine) and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in pumpkin and eggs.
- Dredge raisins in 1/2 cup flour.
- Sift remaining flour and spices together.
- pour milk into mixing bowl.
- Mix in dry ingredients by hand until just mixed.
- Sir in raisins.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Spoon mix into paper cups in muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
Although I'd normally use canned pumpkin in a recipe like this, I did manage to salvage a cup of the fresh stuff from another pumpkin recipe I was making (salvaged it before my son made off with the rest of the large pumpkin I had, for dog food, he said)! Anyway, these muffing came together very easily & were wonderfully delicious! Most of 'em were shared with a coffee-&-snack group we attend almost every week, but the recipe is a keeper, & I'll be making 'em again, for sure! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
These were tasteless and not good at all. I think the amount of pumpkin is off because I could barely taste it. I'm pretty sure the whole batch is going in the garbage because they're not worth the calories. Sorry! Also, the recipe is written rather poorly so it's a bit difficult to follow.
These muffins are moist, very flavourful and super yummy! I made them for breakkie today and they were so easy to put together that everything was ready in no time. The texture is dense and moist and the raisins melted into the muffins add an extra something. VERY, VERY NICE!!! I made half the recipe and ended up with 10 muffins. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this lovely recipe with us, Studentchef! It will definitely be made again in my house. :) Made and reviewed for Potluck Tag Game August 09.