Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great recipe for pumpkin bread, this makes two large loaves that freeze very well. I have also made this recipe in mini loaf pans, adjust baking time to 25-35 minutes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 whole orange, zest of
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins (plumped in hot water, then drained)
- 1 cup dried cranberries (plumped and drained)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 (9 x 5-inch) loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, marmalade, oil, eggs, pumpkin puree, vanilla and orange zest; beat well to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger powder.
- Mix in the dry ingredients into the wet batter JUST until combined (do not overmix, use a wooden spoon for this).
- Add in raisins, cranberries and chopped nuts.
- Transfer and divide the batter between the two loaf pans.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the loaves test done.
- Cool 15 minutes, then remove from pans to a wire rack to cool.